NSW Transport Legislation
The administration of individual Acts is allocated to Ministers by an Allocation of the Administration of Acts instrument under the Constitution Act 1902. Administration of an Act extends to the administration of any Regulations made under the Act.
Transport Administration Act 1988
Part 4A, Divisions 1 to 3, so far as it relates to Roads and Maritime Services, Part 6, and so much of the Act as relates to Roads and Maritime Services remainder, the Minister for Transport.
City of Sydney Act 1988
Part 4A and Schedule 2 are administered jointly by the Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight and the Minister for Transport and Infrastructure. The remainder of the Act is administered by the Minister for Local Government.
Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight
Acts, Regulations and Orders administered by the Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight.
- Roads Act 1993 (except parts, the Minister for the Environment part, the Minister for Local Government and parts, the Minister for Lands and Water)
- Road Transport Act 2013
- Recreation Vehicles Act 1983 , Parts 4 and 6 (remainder, the Minister for the Environment)
- Heavy Vehicle (Adoption of National Law) Act 2013
- Heavy Vehicle National Law (NSW) (and Regulations under that Law)
- Maritime Services Act 1935
Minister for Transport and Infrastructure
Acts, Regulations and Orders administered by the Minister for Transport and Infrastructure.
- Passenger Transport Act 1990
- Passenger Transport Act 2014
- National Rail Corporation (Agreement) Act 1991
- Air Transport Act 1964
- About us
- Annual reports
- Community engagement
- Contracts awarded
- Corporate Plans
- Doing business with us
- Environment and sustainability
- GIPA - Access to TfNSW information
- National Transport Reforms
- Organisational development
- Smart Innovation Centre
- Transport agencies
- Transport planner resources
- Trip planning
- Culture and values
- Media Centre
- Contact us