Green Light Day
Give your transport and logistics career the green light
Green Light Day, 29 July 2016, is an awareness initiative for students in years 10-12 to highlight the range of careers available in the transport and logistics industry.
In NSW, more than 500,000 people, almost 14 per cent of the workforce, are employed in the transport and logistics industry.
With population and freight volumes growing, the demand for skilled transport and logistics workers will increase.
This year 130 students from across Sydney will visit three locations to get a first-hand look at roles including logistics managers, freight loaders, forklift operators, and train and truck drivers.
The Green Light Day sites are:
- Sydney Intermodal Freight Terminal, Chullora.
- RAAF Base, Richmond.
- Woolworths Sydney Regional Distribution Centre, Minchinbury.
Green Light Day is made possible through the generous support of the following organisations:
- NSW Department of Education
- Pacific National
- Woolworths Limited
- Royal Australian Air Force
- Transport and Logistics Industry Skills Council
- TAFE NSW
For more information:
- Read our Questions & Answers on Green Light Day and careers in transport and logistics.
- Follow the links to other websites for more information on transport and logistics training and career opportunities.
- Email us at email@example.com.
- About us
- Access to information (GIPA)
- Annual reports
- Community engagement
- Contracts awarded
- Corporate Plans
- Doing business with us
- Environment and sustainability
- Learner Log Book Innovation
- National Transport Reforms
- Organisational development
- Smart Innovation Centre
- Transport agencies
- Transport planner resources
- Trip planning
- Media Centre
- Contact us