Applying for hire car operator accreditation
Standards for granting hire car operator accreditation
The standards for hire car operator accreditation are the requirements that applicants must meet before hire car operator accreditation can be issued by Transport for NSW.
A person or corporation wishing to be accredited to operate a hire car service:
- Must be of good repute
- Must be fit and proper
- Must be able to meet the appropriate requirements in respect of:
- Financial viability
- Safety of drivers, passengers and the public (be able to demonstrate knowledge and competency relating to the operation of a hire car service)
- Vehicle maintenance (have access to maintenance facilities for hire cars).
The applicant must have also:
- Read and understood the standards, conditions and procedures for accreditation as outlined in the operator accreditation package
- Completed an application form and answered all questions truthfully
- Met all the requirements specified in the accreditation standards.
Then you will be required to:
- Deliver or post the completed application form, all the documentation and a $100 non-refundable cheque for payment to Transport for NSW
- Wait for advice from Transport for NSW regarding clearance on good repute and fit and proper status.
What to do to become a hire car operator
- About us
- Buses & coaches
- Concession information
- Hire car & tourist vehicles
- Community transport
- Marine Compliance Taskforce
- Regional air
- School student transport scheme
- Media Centre
- Contact us