The School Student Transport Scheme (SSTS) provides subsidised travel for eligible NSW School Students between home and school on rail, bus, ferry, light rail and long distance coach services. It is one of the most generous subsidised travel programs in Australia providing more than $550 million to subsidise the 120 million trips taken annually by NSW school students to and from school.
Schools play and important role in verifying whether a student is eligible under the SSTS and liaise with transport providers to support the application process.
- SSTS website for parents
- School Opal card brochure (pdf 552KB)
- Rural and Regional school travel brochure (pdf 418KB)
- SSTS online registration for the student transport website (schools and operators)
Some documents on this page do not comply with WCAG 2.0 accessibility requirements. If you are having trouble accessing information please contact email@example.com.
- About us
- Accessible travel
- Bike riders
- Buses & coaches
- Community transport
- Hire car & tourist vehicles
- Light rail
- Disaster and emergency support
- Opal card
- Real-time apps
- Regional air transport
- Road safety
- School Student Transport Scheme
- Trip planning
- Media Centre
- Contact us