International student travel discount
From early 2013, MyMulti2 and MyMulti3 discounted tickets will be available to international students through their tertiary institutions during enrolment.
|Ticket*||2013 retail price||2013 discount price||Discount|
|MyMulti3 (365 Day)||$2367||$1540||35%|
|MyMulti2 (365 Day)||$1976||$1500||24%|
|MyMulti3 (90 Day)||$654||$440||33%|
|MyMulti2 (90 Day)||$546||$410||25%|
|* There is no discount on MyMulti1. CountryLink services are not included in the discount.|
The discounted tickets can be used in the same way as regular MyMulti tickets (up until the expiry day) for travel on train, bus, ferry and light rail in the greater Sydney metropolitan area. See the My Zone page for more information on using MyMulti2 and MyMulti3 tickets.
CountryLink services are not covered by these tickets. For information on discounts available to international students on CountryLink services, visit CountryLink's website.
As the discounted tickets are not concession fares, international students using these discounted tickets will not be required to apply for or carry a NSW Tertiary Student Concession Card while using public transport.
For more information:
- International students frequently asked questions
- International students travel discount flyer (pdf 318KB)
- Tickets - Students 19+
- NSW Government announces travel discounts for international students
The following forms are for the use of education providers only:
- International students discounted tickets order form* (pdf 401KB)
- International students discounted tickets refund form* (pdf 889KB)
*This document does not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG 2.0). If you are having trouble accessing information in this document, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions of sale
All tickets issued under the International Student Travel Program (“The Program”) are subject to the conditions as established by Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW). Anyone who purchases, holds or attempts to use a ticket will be deemed to have fully agreed to these conditions.
- Product offer is discounted My Multi Tickets - these tickets are not passes.
- Allows unlimited travel on eligible modes for period of product life – either 365 or 90 days.
- The Ticket Program offers discounted travel for International Students enrolled at CRICOS recognised Education Providers at the time of purchase. Tickets may only be ordered by the Education Provider using the relevant order form available on the website indicated in the official invitation letter and must include the relevant CRICOS code.
- Tickets purchased through the Program can only be sold to genuine International students and are not transferable. Sales of tickets purchased under the Program to non-students are prohibited. Tickets identified as being sold in contravention to these conditions may be cancelled.
- Minimum orders of 20 tickets in total per application, excluding Education Providers with fewer than 20 international students enrolled. Individual applications are not permitted.
- Products are available from 1 February 2013, with the payment deadline for successful delivery of tickets to the Education Provider being Wednesday 23 January 2013. Orders received after this date will be processed in order of receipt within three working dates of payment.
- Applicants may pay by either credit card or EFT transfer. Tickets are unable to be dispatched until payment is confirmed.
- Upon forwarding an order form, applicant organisations will receive a tax invoice for payment within two working days. Tickets purchased using Credit Cards will be dispatched within three working days while additional time must be allowed for any EFT transfer. (Normally 1-2 working days depending on your bank).
- Upon notification of successful payment, tickets will then be issued within three working days to the applicant organisation.
- Tickets may only be purchased through the TfNSW website and no individual applications are permitted.
- Education Provider must provide an audit report of the names and relevant student numbers of each Student provided with a ticket under the Program (the “Personal Information”). The Personal Information will only be used for audit purposes. In accordance with the requirements of applicable privacy legislation, Education Providers must ensure that they advise students who purchase a discounted MyMulti Ticket that the Personal Information will be collected and provided to TfNSW for audit purposes and obtain their consent for this. Forms will be provided when tickets are dispatched.
Refunds and Replacements
- Tickets issued under this program are covered by the same business rules as standard CityRail MyMulti tickets. Refunds and Replacements may be processed and will incur standard fees. Please refer to the FAQs for application information or the Passenger fares and coaching handbook (pdf 416KB) for detailed rules.
- Any breach of any Condition may, in addition to any other remedy TfNSW may have, and even if the holder of the Ticket did not have notice of the Condition or the breach, result in refusal of travel, cancellation of the Ticket and non-refund of the price of the Ticket. All Tickets remain the property of TfNSW. Such actions are without prejudice to other remedies which may include a fine and/or legal action.
- TfNSW reserves the right to make amendments to these Conditions from time to time; updates will be made on this web page. Updated versions can be requested from TfNSW at the address set out below.
- Any information requests should be addressed to:
PO Box K349
Haymarket NSW 1238
- About us
- Accessible transport
- Bike riders
- Buses & coaches
- Hire car & tourist vehicles
- Light rail
- Local and community transport
- NSW Road Safety Strategy
- Opal card
- School Student Transport Scheme
- Trip planning
- Media Centre
- Contact us