You are hereHome > New timetables for trains, buses and ferries
New timetables for trains, buses and ferries
The NSW Government has carried out the biggest rewrite of public transport timetables – including buses, trains and ferries – to get more out the network for customers.
The new timetable introduces more than 1000 extra train services, 1700 extra bus services and 55 extra ferry services every week.
The timetables have been designed to improve connections for customers catching different modes of public transport by minimising how long they have to wait when changing from a bus to a train or ferry.
The new train timetable reduces many journey times for customers travelling longer distances from intercity or outer suburban areas. Customers at stations closer to the CBD will receive more regular and consistent services. Across the network the train timetable is simpler, with fewer stopping patterns.
Ferry customers will also notice simpler stopping patterns under the 2013 timetable, with easy to remember departure times at many wharves, for example ferries which come at 10 past every hour. Ferry routes have been improved to make the network more efficient and boost services where demand is greatest.
The new bus timetable creates new routes, improves the frequency or number of services on a number of existing routes, and alters others to be better matched with demand and travel patterns. Times of many bus services across the state are changing to connect with new train and ferry times.
Customers can plan train, bus and ferry journeys, and journeys using more than one type of public transport, by using the Trip planner . PDF copies of train and ferry timetables can be downloaded from the Transport Info website. For copies of new bus timetables, call 131500 or visit a Transport Shop.
Train timetable fact sheet
Sydney Trains suburban line fact sheets
- Airport Line (pdf 79KB)
- Bankstown Line (pdf 74KB)
- Cumberland Line (pdf 77KB)
- Eastern Suburbs Line (pdf 70KB)
- Illawarra Line (pdf 102KB)
- Inner West Line (pdf 59KB)
- North Shore Line (pdf 79KB)
- Northern Line (pdf 122KB)
- Olympic Park Line (pdf 50KB)
- South Line (pdf 119KB)
- Western Line (pdf 64KB)
NSW TrainLink suburban line fact sheets
- Blue Mountains Line (pdf 61KB)
- Central Coast and Newcastle Line (pdf 74KB)
- Newcastle and Hunter Lines (pdf 77KB)
- South Coast Line (pdf 79KB)
- Southern Highlands Line (pdf 64KB)
Station fact sheets
- Bankstown Station (pdf 74KB)
- Campbelltown Station (pdf 350KB)
- Chatswood Station (pdf 383KB)
- Gosford Station (pdf 337KB)
- Hurstville Station (pdf 383KB)
- Katoomba Station (pdf 329KB)
- Macquarie Park and Macquarie University Stations (pdf 382KB)
- Newtown Station (pdf 379KB)
- Parramatta Station (pdf 336KB)
- Penrith Station (pdf 335KB)
- Strathfield Station (pdf 322KB)
- Sydney Airport Stations (pdf 380KB)
- Wollongong Station (pdf 334KB)
Ferry fact sheets
Bus fact sheet
Documents on this page do not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG 2.0). If you are having trouble accessing information in these documents, please contact the 131500 Call Centre.
Last updated 06 December 2013