Applying for a taxi driver authority
How to become a taxi driver
- Information can be found on the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) fact sheet - Are you interested in becoming a taxi driver
- Notification of Change of Address Form (pdf 77KB)
- Proving your identity
The criteria for taxi driver authorisation are the requirements that applicants must meet before a taxi driver authority can be issued by Roads and Maritime Services.
- Hold a NSW driver licence (fully unrestricted).
- Have attended and successfully completed an assessment of English language applicable to taxi drivers at the Adult Migrant English Service (AMES) if driving in the Sydney metropolitan area.
- Be medically fit
- Submit the completed and signed Application for an Authority to Drive Taxi-Cab , and attach all of the documents requested to RMS with a $45 payment (non-refundable).
Last updated 27 June 2016
- About us
- Media Centre
- Contact us