Have your say on the proposed point to point transport regulation
Transport for NSW is seeking your feedback on the proposed Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Regulation 2017 that will support the new safety framework under the Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Act 2016 for all point to point transport providers in NSW, including taxis, hire vehicles and rideshare services. The new regulatory regime will allow for a more transparent, competitive and flexible point to point transport industry.
Further details of the regulation are explained in the Regulatory Impact Statement.
- Overview Fact Sheet (pdf 158KB)
- Affiliated Provider Fact Sheet (pdf 95KB)
- Authorised Taxi Service Provider Fact Sheet (pdf 203KB)
- Booking Service Provider Fact Sheet (pdf 283KB)
- Driver Fact Sheet (pdf 281KB)
- Fares Fact Sheet (pdf 185KB)
- Levy Fact Sheet (pdf 71KB)
Making a submission
We value your input and look forward to reading your submission. Please email your submission to email@example.com
Submissions can also be posted to:
Transport for NSW
Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Regulation 2017
Point to Point Implementation
Freight, Strategy and Planning
Transport for NSW
PO Box K659
Haymarket NSW 1240
The closing date for submissions is 5pm, Tuesday 9 May 2017.
We would ask that you reference specific sections and clauses when providing your feedback on the proposed regulation, as this will assist us in clearly identifying the parts of the regulation that you wish to comment on.
Please note that when you make a submission we will publish the content of your submission and any attachments. If you wish all or part of your submission to be treated as confidential, please clearly state this in your submission.
We will not publish offensive, threatening, defamatory or other inappropriate material.
If you have any questions about the proposed regulation or the public consultation process, please phone Point to Point Information on 1300 767 923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About point to point transport
Point to point transport provides flexible, convenient options for our customers to get from A to B via the route they choose at a time that suits. Point to point transport includes:
- Hire cars
- Tourist services
- Rideshare services
- Community transport
For customers with disability
The NSW Government has committed $15.5 million a year to a 5-point plan which will improve point to point transport services for customers with disabilities.
Wheelchair Accessible Taxi (WAT) licence fees in metro areas have been reduced to zero, in line with the rest of NSW.
Other initiatives that have been in place from 1 July 2016 include:
- Increasing the maximum Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme (TTSS) subsidy from $30 to $60 per trip
- Increasing the WAT driver incentive payment from $7.70 (ex. GST) to $15 (ex. GST) per trip
- Expanding the WAT interest-free loan scheme from $1 million to $5 million to help get more WATs on the road
- Providing a fully subsidised central booking service for WATs in Sydney, saving businesses that provide these services $2,130 per year.
Now that the legislative framework is in place under the Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Act 2016, Transport for NSW is planning a review of all subsidies and incentives of services for people with disability.
- Access and Inclusion Fact Sheet (pdf 76KB)
- Wheelchair Accessible Taxis
- Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme
Dedicated contact centre
A contact centre is available to help stakeholders access information about changes in the point to point transport industry.
Transport for NSW Point to Point Information
T: 1300 767 923 (Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm, excluding public holidays)