Hornsby Junction Remodelling and Commuter Car Park
The Hornsby Junction Remodelling and Commuter Car Park includes building a new multi-storey commuter car park at Hornsby Station and upgrading rail infrastructure in the area to increase the capacity and reliability of the T1 North Shore Line.
Key features include:
- Approximately 230 additional commuter car parking spaces in the George Street car park.
- Lift, stairs, CCTV security cameras and landscaping.
- Six new accessible parking spaces adjacent to station.
- Reconfiguring the existing track to provide faster turnaround times for the T1 North Shore Line services at Hornsby.
- Increasing capacity and reliability on the T1 North Shore Line at Hornsby.
Planning approval granted
Hornsby customers are set to benefit from better transport facilities following planning approval for the Hornsby Junction Remodelling and Commuter Car Park Projects. The project team would like to thank the community for providing feedback on the plans for the projects.
Hornsby projects news
The planning documents below provide further details on the works, potential impacts and mitigation measures. A copy of the Determination Report can also be found below.
- Hornsby Projects Determination Report (pdf 64KB)
- Hornsby Projects Review of Environmental Factors (pdf 5.4MB)
- Aboriginal Heritage Assessment (pdf 588KB)
- Noise and Vibration Assessment (pdf 4.8MB)
- Noise and Vibration Assessment March 2016 (pdf 64KB)
- Non Aboriginal Heritage Assessment (pdf 1.8MB)
- Non Aboriginal Heritage Assessment March 2016 (pdf 65KB)
- Sustainability Assessment (pdf 836KB)
- Traffic and Transport Assessment (pdf 8.8MB)
- Traffic and Transport Assessment March 2016 (pdf 66KB)
- Visual Impact Assessment (pdf 2.9MB)
- Visual Impact Assessment April 2016 (pdf 66KB)