Transport Access Program
The Transport Access Program is an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure where it is needed most.
The program aims to provide:
- Stations that are accessible to the disabled, ageing and parents with prams.
- Modern buildings and facilities for all modes that meet the needs of a growing population.
- Modern interchanges that support an integrated network and allow seamless transfers between all modes for all customers.
- Safety improvements including extra lighting, help points, fences and security measures for car parks and interchanges, including stations, bus stops and wharves.
- Signage improvements so customers can more easily use public transport and transfer between modes at interchanges.
- Other improvements and maintenance such as painting, new fencing and roof replacements.
The program currently consists of projects at the following locations:
The Minister for Transport announced a further 36 locations across NSW are to receive upgrades to station and interchange facilities. More information is available in the media release. This website will be updated as the project design progresses.
For information on projects currently within the program, please see the current works.
Information on commuter car parks and interchange projects that have been recently completed, see completed works.
An ongoing review is being undertaken by Transport for NSW to assess the feasibility of a number of proposed projects accross the NSW public transport network. The review will take into account transport and urban planning priorities and customer experience at existing interchanges as well as an economic and business case evaluation.
More parking spaces for Rockdale customers
More car spaces for Granville public transport customers
Lift to be built for Redfern Station customers
First look at Padstow commuter car park
Planning Approval received and tender nearing award for construction of new commuter parking at Gordon
Bankstown Station Upgrade gets the go ahead
Community invited to have their say on Sutherland commuter car park
Accessibility upgrade for Flemington Station
Ingleburn Station upgrade moves to next stage
Accessibility upgrades for Western Sydney stations
Accessibility upgrades for Southern Highlands station
Car park and interchange on the way for Granville
Marrickville Station set for major upgrade
Improved public transport facilities for Sydenham commuters
Building for the future: NSW Government delivers major upgrade for Cardiff
Major upgrade for Waterfall Station
New commuter car park for Glenbrook train customers
Major upgrade for Ingleburn Station
Major upgrade for Oatley Station
Public transport upgrades for the North Shore
Transport blitz to deliver improvements for customers
Getting on with the job: New car parks and interchanges for commuters
Transport blitz to deliver improvements for Illawarra customers
Industry briefing – July 2012
The first industry briefing for the Transport Access Program was held on 11 July 2012.
This document does not comply with WCAG 2.0. If you are having trouble accessing information in the document, please contact email@example.com.