Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade
Transport for NSW is making changes at Museum Station to improve access for customers.
The project includes:
- A new lift connecting the entry of the station on the corner of Elizabeth and Liverpool streets and the underground station concourse.
- Two new lifts connecting the station concourse with the platforms.
- An accessible ramp at the station entrance.
- A new family accessible toilet.
- Refurbishment of the toilets within the concourse.
The NSW Government is delivering major projects to reduce traffic congestion and improve public transport to, from and within the CBD. Visit the Tomorrow’s Sydney website for more information about other projects under construction in the CBD.
Excavation for the project is now complete and during July we will focus on the construction of the three concrete lift shafts inside the excavated areas. Work will also take place inside of the station to refurbish station facilities.
- 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
- 8am to 1pm Saturday.
Work taking place during this period includes:
- Construction of three concrete lift shafts inside the excavated areas.
- Demolition of two walls and installation of new steel and glass at street level for the lift that will connect Liverpool Street to the station concourse.
- Construction of three lift lobbies inside the station.
- Refurbishment of the Station Office and public toilets.
- Fixtures and finishes inside the station including installation of services (such as CCTV), wayfinding signage, painting and tiling.
- Construction of a new family accessible toilet on the station concourse.
- Painting and repair of tiles on the station concourse.
- Installation of tactile indicators.
- Delivery and removal of construction material.
Weekend and night works:
Work inside the station may take place at any time. Scheduled weekend and night work times are:
- 6pm to 10pm Monday to Friday
- 1pm to 10pm Saturday
- 8am to 6pm Sunday
Large overnight deliveries – Thursday 28 July and Friday 29 July
Subject to approval and weather permitting, we will be working two nights to deliver construction materials to site. This will require the use of a small mobile crane from inside the site hoarding to unload a truck in the parking lane in Elizabeth Street. For the safety of pedestrians and to reduce impacts on traffic this work will be done at night.
Work to setup the temporary parking lane closure will start at 8pm and all work will finish by 5am the following day.
Liverpool Street entrance weekend closures
Subject to approval, the Liverpool Street entrance to Museum Station will be closed to allow for essential construction work to be completed.
The Bathurst Street entrance will be open whenever the Liverpool Street entrance is closed and access to train services will be maintained at all times.
More information about this work can be found in:
- Museum Station Upgrade Construction Notification August 2016 (pdf 242KB)
- Museum Station Upgrade Construction Notification July 2016 (pdf 345KB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade determination report (pdf 296KB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade REF (pdf 4.5MB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade Arboricultural Impact Assessment (pdf 4.9MB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (pdf 4.9MB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment (pdf 1.5MB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade Statement of Heritage Impact (pdf 8.3MB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment Part 1 (pdf 5MB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment Part 2 (pdf 7MB)
- Transport Access Program
- Current and upcoming works
- Transport Access Program