Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade
Transport for NSW is making changes at Museum Station to improve access for customers.
The project includes:
- A new lift connecting the entry of the station on the corner of Elizabeth and Liverpool streets and the underground station concourse.
- Two new lifts connecting the station concourse with the platforms.
- An accessible ramp at the station entrance.
- A new family accessible toilet.
- Refurbishment of the toilets within the concourse.
Excavation for the project is now complete and during July we will focus on the construction of the three concrete lift shafts inside the excavated areas. Work will also take place inside of the station to refurbish station facilities.
- 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
- 8am to 1pm Saturday.
Work taking place during this period includes:
- Construction of three concrete lift shafts inside the excavated areas.
- Demolition of two walls and installation of new steel and glass at street level for the lift that will connect Liverpool Street to the station concourse.
- Construction of three lift lobbies inside the station.
- Refurbishment of the Station Office and public toilets.
- Installation of new cables and services (such as CCTV) inside the station.
- Installation of wayfinding signage inside the station.
Weekend and night works:
Work inside the station may take place at any time. Scheduled weekend and night work times are:
- 6pm to 10pm Monday to Friday
- 1pm to 10pm Saturday
- 8am to 6pm Sunday
Liverpool Street entrance weekend closures
Subject to approval, the Liverpool Street entrance to Museum Station will be closed to allow for essential construction work to be completed.
The Bathurst Street entrance will be open whenever the Liverpool Street entrance is closed and access to train services will be maintained at all times.
More information about this work can be found in the Museum Station Upgrade Construction Notification July 2016 (pdf 345KB).
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade determination report (pdf 296KB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade REF (pdf 4.5MB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade Arboricultural Impact Assessment (pdf 4.9MB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (pdf 4.9MB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment (pdf 1.5MB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade Statement of Heritage Impact (pdf 8.3MB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment Part 1 (pdf 5MB)
- Museum Station Easy Access Upgrade Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment Part 2 (pdf 7MB)