Hornsby Junction Remodelling and Commuter Car Park
The Hornsby Junction Remodelling and Commuter Car Park includes building a new multi-storey commuter car park at Hornsby Station and upgrading rail infrastructure in the area to increase the capacity and reliability of the T1 North Shore Line.
Key features include:
- Approximately 230 additional commuter car parking spaces in the George Street car park.
- Lift, stairs, CCTV security cameras and landscaping.
- Six new accessible parking spaces adjacent to station.
- Reconfiguring the existing track to provide faster turnaround times for the T1 North Shore Line services at Hornsby.
- Increasing capacity and reliability on the T1 North Shore Line at Hornsby.
Weeknight and weekend trackwork - Tuesday 6 to Tuesday 13 December
Work will be carried out in and around the rail corridor at Hornsby Station as part of the remodelling of Hornsby Junction from 7pm Tuesday 6 to 7pm Tuesday 13 December. Work activities will include:
- Removal of concrete and brick staff access map near Platform 1
- Installation of the temporary fencing and removal of some rail corridor fencing
- Installation of temporary site buildings at the northern end of the George Street commuter car park. This area will be marked off with site fencing for the safety of pedestrians and motorists
- Vegetation management and tree trimming to ensure safe working
- Excavation and concreting footings for overhead wiring structures
- Installation and removal of ballast (rocks and gravel around the rail line)
- Night time work within the rail corridor near Alexandria Parade, George Street, High Street, Railway Parade and Hornsby Street
- Early morning deliveries within the rail corridor at the Hornsby Street and Railway Parade access gates will take place on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 December.
Temporary closure of car parking spaces
Up to 90 car parking spaces in the George Street commuter car park will be unavailable from 7pm Tuesday 6 to 7pm Tuesday 13 December. This is to allow for construction work to be carried out safely midweek. It will also allow for a temporary project site office to be set up and construction equipment to be stored during the trackwork weekend.
Access to the car park will be maintained at all times and traffic control will be in place. Alternative parking will be available at Hornsby TAFE on Jersey Street during this time.
Hornsby projects news
Hornsby customers are set to benefit from better transport facilities following planning approval for the Hornsby Junction Remodelling and Commuter Car Park Projects. The project team would like to thank the community for providing feedback on the plans for the projects.
The planning documents below provide further details on the works, potential impacts and mitigation measures. A copy of the Determination Report can also be found below.