On 30 September three new lifts were opened at Museum Station as part of the Transport Access Program.
For more information about the project see the Museum Station Upgrade Newsletter November 2016.
Major construction work on Museum Station is now complete. The site compound at street level has been handed over to the City of Sydney in preparation for the Hyde Park South Café development.
The upgraded Museum Station includes:
- A new lift connecting the entry of the station on the corner of Elizabeth and Liverpool streets and the underground station concourse.
- Two new lifts connecting the station concourse with the platforms.
- An accessible ramp at the station entrance.
- A new family accessible toilet.
- Refurbishment of the toilets within the concourse.
For more information about the project see the Museum Station Upgrade newsletter November 2016. (pdf 3.5MB).