Access for Third Party Train Operators to the rail network
We have developed an information pack to assist organisations wishing to apply for and purchase access to the NSW rail network. The pack contains a comprehensive range of material to help those seeking access to evaluate whether they wish to apply for access.
Information forming part of our network interface and co-ordination plan, as well as operating schedules can change frequently, and may not be immediately reflected in the information provided below. Additionally, some components of the pack are available by request only.
1. Regulatory framework
- NSW Rail Access Undertaking (PDF, 4.24 MB)
- Booz Allen & Hamilton report May 2001 (PDF, 3.01 MB)
- IPART report June 2001 (PDF, 52.89 KB)
2. Applying for access
3. Operational documents
- Operations protocol version 4.0 (PDF, 865.33 KB)
- Train operating conditions manual
- Minimum operating standards for rolling stock
- Network rules and network procedures
- Emergency preparedness
4. Network characteristics
5. Previous arbitrations and determinations
If you require more information please contact Lee Wong on 02 8922 1496.