Travel Zone Explorer - Visualisation
TZP19 data cautions
The TZP19 dataset represents one view of the future aligned with the NSW Government’s Common Planning Assumptions and population and economic projections.
The projections are not based on specific assumptions about future new transport infrastructure, but do take into account known land-use developments underway or planned, and strategic plans.
- TZP19 is a strategic state-wide dataset and caution should be exercised when considering results at detailed breakdowns
- The TZP19 outputs represent a point in time set of projections (as at December 2019, pre-COVID19)
- The projections are not government targets
- Travel Zone (TZ) level outputs are projections only and should be used as a guide. As with all small area data, aggregating of travel zone projections to higher geographies leads to more robust results
- As a general rule, TZ-level projections are illustrative of a possible future only
- More specific advice about data reliability for the specific variables projected is provided in the “Read Me” page of the Excel format summary spreadsheets on the TfNSW Open Data Hub
- Caution is advised when comparing TZP19 with the previous set of projections (TZP16 v1.51) due to differences linked to changes in geographical classifications, the inclusion of 2016 Census inputs, addition of new data sources for the most recent years, and adjustments to methodology
- A 4-page fact-sheet with important cautions and notes for TZP users is available here
TZP19 data link – Open Data Hub