Smart Places Playbook
It will help you to harness the power of data and smart technologies to deliver more resilient places, that respond to the needs of the community. Places where people are safe, happy and well, communities are connected, and job opportunities are aplenty.
The playbook is not intended to be an explicit how-to manual.
Instead, it outlines a process that you can follow to identify and deploy smart solutions to help achieve the ambitions of a place and its people. It also provides links to relevant case studies, policies and standards.
People using this Playbook will have varying information needs and be at different stages of planning and delivering smart places. In addition, smart place initiatives vary widely in scale and nature.
This Playbook aims to empower you, regardless of your project or experience to:
- Set your organisation up for success with the right policies
- Involve the community in the identification of problems and opportunities and the design of solutions
- Work out the needs and ambitions of your place with people who will visit, live, work and invest there (customers and stakeholders) and match smart solutions to achieve great outcomes
- Have informed conversations with relevant experts
- Make a case for smart places
- Procure and deliver smart solutions in a place-based way
- Operate and maintain your new assets.