Extra bus services for Nowra and Bomaderry
Customers in and around Nowra and Bomaderry will soon benefit from an extra 45 weekly bus services which will improve connectivity and better meet customer needs in the Shoalhaven.
Minister for Regional Transport and Roads Paul Toole said the services are being delivered as a part of the NSW Liberals and Nationals election commitment to improve transport options in 16 regional cities around the State.
“We’ve listened to what improvements key stakeholders want to local bus services – and now we’re delivering with 45 additional weekly services from 21 September,” Mr Toole said.
“This is about ensuring our public transport offering meets the specific needs of this community with more reliable services and better connections to the places people want to visit and at the times they want to travel.”
Member for South Coast Shelley Hancock said the new weekly services will improve travel options to The Shoalhaven Hospital, the local university campus and essential places like shopping centres.
“These extra services also include new Saturday services that will run up to 6pm, and an additional later service at 5.15pm on weekdays for students travelling from the University of Wollongong’s Shoalhaven campus to connect to other public transport services,” Mrs Hancock said.
Member for Kiama Gareth Ward said the additional weekly bus services meant that over 600 bus services would be in operation across the region.
“The NSW Government has done a tremendous job to boost the number of bus services through the 16 Regional Cities Program,” Mr Ward said.
“This means that people have more choice when they travel for shopping, leisure activities or medical appointments in the Nowra and Bombaderry area.”
Mr Toole said the bus improvements were part of an integrated approach to improve transport across all modes in the Shoalhaven, including projects such as the new Nowra Bridge and work to improve Bomaderry Station while offering better services for journeys to, from and within the region.
The new bus route changes are as follows:
- Extended hours of operation on Saturdays up to 6pm.
- All routes in Nowra – Bomaderry CBD and Bay & Basin will have a Saturday service operating to 6pm (currently only operate until 1pm).
- Two operators currently having no Saturday services will introduce a minimum of three return services for surrounding towns and villages in their networks.
- Extended hours for services from University of Wollongong Shoalhaven campus.
- Services from University Of Wollongong Shoalhaven campus to Nowra bus interchange will have an additional service at 5:15pm in response to student demand and alignment to University operating times.
- Route has been altered to provide a new service to the new Bomaderry shopping complex.
- Route has been altered to provide a new bus stop at the front of the hospital (currently passengers alight at the rear of the hospital).
- Improved connectivity on Saturdays to NSW Trainlink services and shopping hours.
- New return service to Sussex Inlet on Saturday.
Updated timetable information will be available online from Monday 7 September. To plan your trip please visit transportnsw.info
For more information about the 16 Regional Cities Program visit