The NSW government provides financial assistance to local government in the form of a range of 'Grants' to assist Councils to manage and develop their road network.
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) administers this assistance through established guidelines as set out in the documents below:
- Financial Arrangement with Council for Road Management (PDF, 57.17 KB)
- Regional Road Block Grant (PDF, 144 KB)Program (PDF, 144 KB)
- Regional Roads REPAIR Program
- Key financial and administrative obligations of Councils (PDF, 65.16 KB)
- Final certificate of expenditure (XLS, 53.5 KB)
- Repair And Improvement of Regional Roads (REPAIR) Program fact sheet (PDF, 190.25 KB)
The Local Government Fact Sheet series has been prepared to:
- Communicate the funding arrangements agreed between the State Government and Local Government; and
- provide a summary of funds expended and works carried out by Local Government on Regional Roads in the previous financial year.