Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Scheme (AUVIS)
Vehicles not currently registered in NSW require an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection (sometimes called a blue slip) before they can be registered.
The Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Scheme (AUVIS) is authorised to conduct inspections and issue reports for the purpose of obtaining NSW registration on:
- buses that have a tare mass of 2.5 tonnes or less
- light trailers and caravans that have an aggregate trailer mass of 4.5 tonnes or less, including those fitted with breakaway brakes, but not including those fitted with air or vacuum (breakaway) braking systems
- motorcycles, including motorcycles with a side-car attached
- passenger cars and goods carrying vehicles that have a gross vehicle mass of 4.5 tonnes or less except vehicles fitted with power-operated brakes.
Inspections carried out by AUVIS include:
- Adjustment of Records
- Clearance of design based Defect Notices
- Design Checks
- Identity Checks
- Safety Checks
- Written-off Vehicle Checks.