Taxi cameras and security systems
On this page
All taxis in NSW are required to have security cameras. The following cameras have been found by others to be compliant in the past but a taxi operator wishing to install a different camera is required to ensure that it fully complies with the specifications.
- Askari Model G1 (PDF, 380.36 KB)
- VerifEye Australia Pty Ltd Model TaxiCam MKV 2014 (PDF, 395.71 KB)
- VerifEye Australia Pty Ltd Model TaxiCam MKIV Rev G 2012 (PDF, 383.23 KB)
- VerifEye Australia Pty Ltd Model TaxiCam MKIV Rev G 2013 (PDF, 447.42 KB)
- VerifEye Australia Pty Ltd Model TaxiCam MKIV Rev G/K (PDF, 466.37 KB)
- Songtec Electronics Pty Ltd. Model DVR-MG Version V4 (PDF, 160.65 KB)
- Streaming Video Technology Australia Model Streamx X5 (PDF, 594.31 KB)
- Trilogy Technologies Trilogy Taxi Camera Mark 2 (PDF, 163.15 KB)
Taxi security systems
- Specifications for Taxi Security Systems 2010 (PDF, 258.51 KB)
- Specifications for Taxi Security Systems 2010 - Gazette Notice (PDF, 2.69 MB)
- Guidelines for the use of security cameras in New South Wales taxis (PDF, 165.83 KB)
Whoever you engage to install your taxi security system should be licensed under the Security Industry Act 1997. The Security Industry Registry site allows you to verify an existing security licence.