Bandon Road - North West Growth Area
The NSW Government is planning for the future by finalising the new Bandon Road corridor between Richmond Road, Marsden Park and Windsor Road, Vineyard. Bandon Road is part of the North West Growth Centre Road Network Strategy.
Sep 2019 – Community information sessions
Transport for NSW held a number of community sessions in July and August to help inform our future road plans in the North West Growth Area.
We invited feedback until the 16 August 2019 and where applicable we are contacting individual residents to discuss their concerns.
We will keep the community informed as the design progresses.
In the meantime if you have any questions please contact us on:
- Email: riverstoneNWGC@transport.nsw.gov.au
- Phone: 1300 367 561
To learn more about this project, view our interactive portal for more information.
The Bandon Road finalised corridor connects Richmond Road, Marsden Park and Windsor Road, Vineyard through Marsden Park North, Riverstone West, Riverstone and Vineyard precincts.
This corridor would provide an extra road connection between Richmond Road and Windsor Road and reduce traffic congestion within Riverstone and provide alternative access across the North West Priority Land Release Area.
The final Bandon Road corridor is part of the North West Growth Centre Road Network Strategy medium-term work and is subject to funding availability.
The Bandon Road corridor has now been finalised Community consultation on the preferred Bandon Road corridor started in August 2016. Finalising this corridor is the result of the formal consultation process and community and stakeholder engagement Roads and Maritime Services carried out over several years. This finalised corridor has been sent to NSW
Department of Planning and Environment (DPE) to include in the precinct plans for Marsden Park North.
The preferred corridor would:
- Provide an extra connection between Richmond Road and Windsor Road
- Reduce congestion in the Riverstone Town Centre by providing a road underpass of the Richmond railway line at Vineyard
- Improve access to Vineyard railway station
- Improve access to Riverstone Industrial Area, Marsden Park, Marsden Park North, Riverstone West, Riverstone and Vineyard precincts
- Allow for local and cross regional pedestrian and cyclist access needs
- Provide an upgrade and realignment of existing flood evacuation route on Wallace Road and Hamilton Street
- Increase road capacity to meet the future needs of the North West Priority Land Release Area.
The preferred corridor includes:
- A new four lane divided road including a central median to allow for future widening
- An off-road shared path for pedestrians and cyclists
- A new road underpass of the Richmond railway line at Vineyard
- Traffic light intersections and a central median to improve road safety.
Download the Bandon Road preferred corridor map.
Some documents on this page may not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG).
If you are having trouble accessing information in these documents, please contact us.
- July 2019 project update
Bandon Road Corridor finalised.
- February 2017 project notification
Field investigations near Bandon Road, Vineyard from Monday 27 February to Friday 10 March 2017.
- August 2016 project notification
Bandon Road Preferred Corridor - Have your say.
- June 2016 options report
Bandon Road Upgrade between Richmond Road, Marsden Park and Windsor Road, Vineyard.
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 1300 367 561
Mail: North West Growth Area, Transport for NSW, PO Box 973 Parramatta CBD NSW 2124