Eastwood Commuter Car Park
A new commuter car park for customers of Eastwood Station is in the planning stages, as Transport for NSW continues to deliver secure, accessible and integrated transport infrastructure.
- More commuter parking spaces for customers
- New accessible parking spaces
Upgrades to CCTV and lighting
Pedestrian link between new commuter car park and Eastwood Station
Throughout 2017, there has been an ongoing program of consultation with the community, Council and other stakeholders regarding the best location for the Eastwood Commuter Car Park.
Transport for NSW has since considered the project following additional consultation with Council and other stakeholders, and the current option of an underground commuter car park below the upper oval of Eastwood Park will not be progressed. Further still, it has been decided that no option for a commuter car park will take place on any part of Eastwood Park
Transport for NSW is committed to seeking a solution for commuter parking in Eastwood and will work closely with Council to achieve this.
Results of the early consultation for this project are available in the Eastwood Station Commuter Car Park Consultation Report located under ‘Project Updates’ on this web page and summarised below.
What we heard
- Providing commuter parking is important to our customers
- Retain green open space for passive recreation, events and sporting activities
- Recognise the lower oval as a meeting place and connection point for the local community
- Consider local traffic and pedestrian management issues, especially along West Parade
- Keep visual amenity elements such as immediate connection between lower oval and its relationship to the train station and broader village precinct
- Consider measures to mitigate existing flood issues
- Use turf on any playing field rather than a synthetic surface
For further details regarding the project please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Project Infoline on 1800 684 490.