Eastwood Commuter Car Park
A new commuter car park for customers of Eastwood Station is in the planning stages, as Transport for NSW continues to deliver secure, accessible and integrated transport infrastructure.
- More commuter parking spaces for customers
- New accessible parking spaces
Upgrades to CCTV and lighting
Pedestrian link between new commuter car park and Eastwood Station
Transport for NSW identified two potential locations which were presented to the community for feedback between March and early May 2017. Feedback received during community consultation has helped Transport for NSW understand what is important to our customers and the broader Eastwood community.
What we heard
- Providing commuter parking is important to our customers
- Retain green open space for passive recreation, events and sporting activities
- Recognise the lower oval as a meeting place and connection point for the local community
- Consider local traffic and pedestrian management issues, especially along West Parade
- Keep visual amenity elements such as immediate connection between lower oval and its relationship to the train station and broader village precinct
- Consider measures to mitigate existing flood issues
- Use turf on any playing field rather than a synthetic surface
The key themes raised during the consultation process have been used by Transport for NSW to further assess the two options presented to the community as well as a potential new location.
The new location that has been considered is underneath the upper Eastwood Oval, as this addresses the key themes raised during the consultation process.
Providing commuter parking underneath the oval would maintain green open space on both the lower and upper ovals, remove the need for cars to use West Parade to access the car park, and minimise visual impacts in the Eastwood village precinct.
Key features include:
- A single level car park underneath the upper Eastwood Oval
- Over 300 car spaces
- New turf oval with improved drainage and irrigation
- CCTV and lighting
- Construction of an access road from Lakeside Road
- Landscaping to enhance visual amenity
- Pedestrian path and lighting between the commuter car park and the station
- Approximately 12 month construction timeframe.
Providing a commuter car park underneath the upper oval is the preferred option that will be assessed in a Review of Environmental Factors later this year. Further consultation with the community will be undertaken during this time.
For more information regarding the results of the community consultation and the preferred location underneath the upper oval, please see the Eastwood Station Commuter Car Park Consultation Report located under ‘Project Updates’ on this web page.
For further details regarding the project please email email@example.com or call the Project Infoline on 1800 684 490.