Failford Road safety improvements, Failford
The Australian and NSW Governments have invested $4.5 million to upgrade a onekilometre section of Failford Road, between the Pacific Highway and Tipton Place to improve safety and reduce the risk of crashes.
Sep 2022 - Work completed
Work has been completed on the $4.5 million safety upgrade of Failford Road between the Pacific Highway and Tipton Place.
Both lanes and the centre line were widening over a one kilometre stretch.
Southbound motorist on the Pacific Highway are benefitting from an intersection upgrade with a wider left slip lane, new safety barriers and lighting.
The intersections of Failford Road with Tipton Place and Beverleys Road have also been upgraded.
The project also included improved drainage and driveway accesses, and the removal of trees to allow for road widening, improve sight distance and provide a wider clearer zone from the lane to the edge of the road.
The Australian and NSW government’s are providing $4.5 million under the Road Safety Program for the safety improvements.
This project will reduce the risk and severity of crashes.
The project includes:
- upgrading the intersection with the Pacific Highway by widening the left slip lane, installing a safety barrier and new lighting. This will improve safety and access into Failford Road for motorists travelling southbound
- minor road improvements at the Tipton Place and Beverleys Road intersections
- extending drainage pipes for the widened road
- improving driveway accesses
- removing 21 large trees to allow road widening, improve sight distance and provide a greater clear zone from the edge of the road.
Some documents on this page may not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG).
If you are having trouble accessing information in these documents, please contact us.
- April 2022 project notification
Night work on Failford Road, Failford from Sunday 1 May.
- February 2022 project notification
Start of work – Safety improvements on Failford Road, Failford from Tuesday 1 March.
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 0407 278 427