Glenbrook intersection upgrade
The Australian and NSW governments upgraded the Great Western Highway and Ross Street intersection at Glenbrook as part of the Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan, a $3.6 billion road investment program.
Jan 2019 - Intersection improvements completed
Roads and Maritime Services has completed these intersection improvements. This project involved upgrading the intersection of Great Western Highway and Ross Street in Glenbrook.
We appreciate your patience while we delivered this important project.
- Contractor: RD Miller
- Start date of construction: May 2018
- Completion date: December 2018
- Project value: $5.6 million
- Funding: Australian and NSW governments.
Key features of the completed upgrade include:
- new traffic lights at the Great Western Highway and Ross Street intersection with pedestrian crossings
- right turns permitted from Ross Street onto the Great Western Highway
- closing access to the Great Western Highway from Hare Street (south), while maintaining access for emergency vehicles
- extending the existing right turn lanes on the Great Western Highway allowing for more vehicles turning right into Ross Street and Hare Street (north)
- new signage, line marking and footpath connections.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- May 2018 project map
Glenbrook intersection upgrade map.
- December 2018
Key improvements along Great Western Highway at Glenbrook now complete.
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 1800 931 743 (toll free)
Mail: Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan, PO Box 973, Parramatta CBD NSW 2124