Riverina Highway upgrade
The NSW Government’s $11 million upgrade of the Riverina Highway, east of Albury, was completed in December 2017.
The work has improved road safety on the Riverina Highway between Sandy Creek and Bethanga Bridge.
The $11 million project was delivered ahead of schedule and involved:
- Widening the road between Sandy Creek and Bethanga Bridge
- Improving rough sections of road
- Retaining the 80km/h speed limit between Sandy Creek and Bethanga Bridge
- Upgrading signposting
- Widening culverts
- Installing guardrails.
This work provides consistent travelling conditions from Albury to Bethanga Bridge and improves safety by increasing the lane and shoulder widths.
Location maps are located under project documents section of this page.
Some documents on this page may not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG).
If you are having trouble accessing information in these documents, please contact us.
- July 2017 community update
Riverina Highway Upgrade Stage Two, Lake Hume Village to Bethanga Bridge.
- June 2016 Review of environmental factors report
Riverina Highway (HW20) - Stage 2 safety improvement work.
For further information about this project, please contact: