South West Rail Link Extension Corridor
The South West Rail Link Extension Corridor is an opportunity to future-proof our transport infrastructure for a growing Western Sydney.
- Plans the future for reduced costs and urban planning that integrates with transport
- Helps us better connect public transport services that support more people and more jobs
- Will improve liveability in Western Sydney for growing communities and a planned airport
A joint initiative between the Australian and NSW governments, the South West Rail Link Extension Corridor project investigates how we can provide a transport infrastructure to support the proposed Western Sydney Airport and future urban development.
We are planning and earmarking the land we need for the corridor now. This will save money for the long-term and make sure we are able to deliver new transport links in future, when and how they are needed.
An important north-south rail connection priority for Western Sydney, the extension corridor is part of the Western Sydney Rail Needs Scoping Study. Initial plans for the route are:
- Connect Leppington to Bringelly
- Go North to T1 Western Line near St Marys
- Go South to T2 South Line near Macarthur
- Pass through new stations planned at Rossmore, Bringelly, North Bringelly, Oran Park and Narellan
- Serve a new station at Badgerys Creek for the proposed Western Sydney Airport
You can also view the map of proposed corridor and core stations for the South West Rail Link Extension Corridor.
The community consultation phase for the South West Rail Link Extension Corridor closed in 2016.
We appreciate your feedback, which will help us to develop a list of options that we will investigate and review in the final report in 2017.
The report will scope the need, timing and service options for how we can best invest in the future Greater Western Sydney transport infrastructure. It will also confirm which corridor route will work best for the needs of communities, businesses and visitors.
Discover more about the South West Rail Link Extension Corridor on the Western Sydney Rail Needs Portal.
If you would like to receive updates about the South West Rail Link Extension Corridor project, please email email@example.com.