On this page
Great projects sometimes miss out on funding because of a poor funding application. The following tips will assist you with your grant applications:
- Make sure you understand the eligibility requirements and objectives of the grant
- Assemble a team with a cross-section of skills to produce an effective application
- Calculate the project costs and articulate the benefits
- Write clearly and persuasively, and use visual content such as photos and maps
- Seek letters of support from industry to help make your case
- Check before you submit your application, reviewing it carefully before lodging.
We have run grant writing workshops and briefings to assist local council staff in writing better applications. For a free copy of our Grant Writing Workbook, email email@example.com.
Our funding program team members are available to provide ongoing advice.
To assist with your applications you can also see an overview of all project types eligible for NSW Government and Australian Government funding in our funding snapshot (PDF, 97.12 KB).
Eligible local councils and rail infrastructure owners/managers in NSW can apply for funding.
Economic model for use in funding applications
Funding applications must include a robust statement of the economic benefits of your project. We encourage applicants to use the Best Cost Analysis (BCA) Model for EoIs for the relevant funding program, which can also be used to calculate the mandatory Benefit Cost Ratios (BCRs). The BCA Model must be used for all Full Applications.
- Fixing Country Roads - Benefit Cost Analysis Model (XLSX, 1022.87 KB)
- Fixing Country Roads - BCA Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 359.53 KB)
- Fixing Country Truck Washes - Benefit Cost Analysis Model (XLSX, 6 MB)
- Fixing Country Rail - Benefit Cost Analysis Model - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Country Passenger Transport Infrastructure Grants Scheme
The Country Passenger Transport Infrastructure Grants Scheme provides subsidies to support the construction or upgrade of bus stops in NSW.