Construction activities in April and May
Over the coming months you may notice the following activities on site:
- Installation of structural steel
- Installation of precast stairs on Joyce Street
- Installation of roofing, canopies on stairs and concourse
- Continued upgrade works on station buildings
- Excavation works for electrical services along Joyce Street and Wentworth Avenue footpaths
- Road, footpath and pavement upgrades along Wentworth Avenue and Joyce Street
- Footbridge external finishes
- Tree trimming and removal along Joyce Street
Delivery of oversize loads
In April, delivery of oversize loads including pre-cast stairs and steel will occur outside of standard construction hours to ensure the safety of road users. All construction activities resulting from these deliveries will continue to be carried out during standard construction hours.
Cranes may be required to assist with the installation of these structures. Consequently, parking will be temporarily unavailable for a short period of time on both Joyce Street and Wentworth Avenue. The taxi stand and bus stop located on Joyce Street opposite the station may need to be temporarily relocated. Signage will be installed in advance to advise of changes and traffic controllers will be on duty to assist with safe pedestrian and vehicle movements.
Weekend work – 6am to 6pm on Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 April 2017
Work will be undertaken during a Sydney Trains scheduled trackwork weekend where limited services
are running (for information regarding rail services during the weekend, kindly contact the Transport Infoline on 131500). Activities will include:
- Installation of glass panels and drainage pipes on the mid span of the footbridge
- Installation of platform 2 and 3 canopy ceilings and canopy roof safety anchors
- Excavation works on platform 2 and 3
What plant and equipment will be used
- Concrete saw
- Mobile lighting towers
- Portable generators
- Construction trucks
- Franner crane
- Power and hand tools
- Elevated work platforms
Some works may be noisy. Every effort will be made to minimise the impact to nearby residents and businesses.
Standard construction hours
Other work will continue to be carried out during standard construction hours, Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm and Saturday 8am to 1pm.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your continued patience and cooperation during these important works.