Important information about chartering a bus with State Transit
Charter bus availability
Availability of buses is subject to operational requirements, proposed usage and conditions of use.
Buses are only available outside of peak service times ie between 9.30am and 2.30pm.
Wheelchair accessible buses must only be requested when specifically required for your hiring needs.
Charter bus capacity
The capacity of vehicles depends on the bus type:
- Rigid buses (standard) carry a maximum of 58 people (43 seated and 15 standing).
- Wheelchair accessible buses carry a maximum of 54 passengers (39 seated and 15 standing).
Terms and conditions also apply, depending on the hiring type.
Charter bus operating areas
Sydney Buses will hire out buses in areas within the following boundaries:
- North - South of the Hawkesbury River in Brooklyn and Putty Rd in Sackville,
- West - Bells Line of Road, Kurrajong, Great Western Highway Springwood and Warragamba Dam,
- South - Camden, Waterfall and Royal National Park.
Email contacts for regional offices.
Northern Region (Brookvale, Mona Vale & North Sydney Depots)
Eastern Region (Port Botany, Randwick & Waverley Depots)
Western Region (Ryde & Willoughby Depots)