Customer feedback statement
We want to hear from you
Sydney Trains and NSW Trains works hard to get the essentials of their service right every day. We recognise however that sometimes things go wrong. When that happens we want to hear about it, and we want to make it as easy as possible for our customers to contact us and let us know. This document sets out how we handle and resolve feedback we receive from our customers. Whether this is a complaint, a suggestion, an enquiry or a compliment, we want to hear from you so that we can continue to improve our services.
Every piece of feedback gives us a unique insight into the way our customers view our services. With this in mind we will handle all feedback based on the following principles:
- We want to hear from you - your feedback helps us improve our services;
- We believe you have the right to complain if you are unhappy with our services;
- We will always treat our customers fairly and with respect;
- We are committed to responding promptly to your feedback. If we can't resolve your issue on the first contact, we'll aim to get back to you within five working days and ten working days for letter correspondence;
- We record all feedback received by phone, mail or online and use this information to improve our services; and
- We will act in a transparent manner and publish the results of feedback captured.
How to contact us
- Call 131 500; or
- Use the web form on transportnsw.info
- By email
What we will tell you
- How we record and use the information you give us;
- What we'll do if we can't resolve the feedback on first contact;
- What to do if you believe your feedback has not been resolved satisfactorily;
- Our obligations regarding your privacy in regard to the information we collect.
Why we record your feedback
We record all feedback received via phone, e-mail and mail in a customer management system. This allows us to track the progress of the case and ensure it is resolved. As well, we can use this information to identify problems that are being experienced by a number of customers which may indicate wider issues with our services.
How we handle complaints
When you contact us we:
- Acknowledge your complaint and record the key details such as:
- Your name and contact details (you can remain anonymous if you wish);
- The nature of your complaint;
- The date, time and location of the incident; and
- What resolution you seek.
- This information is entered into our customer management system and your complaint given a unique case number;
- If we can't resolve your complaint on first contact we'll give you a case number and let you know when it will be resolved; and
- If an investigation is necessary we'll let you know what will be done and when we'll get back to you.
When you'll get a response
We endeavour to resolve all complaints at the first point of contact. If this isn't possible, we'll work hard to reply to you within five working days and ten working days for letter correspondence.
If you're not happy with the response
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from Sydney Trains or NSW Trains you can escalate your complaint to the NSW Ombudsman's Office.
580 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: 02 9286 1000
Fax: 02 9283 2911