Facts about Sydney Trains
Sydney Trains operates quick, frequent and reliable trains in the greater Sydney suburban area (bounded by Emu Plains; Berowra; Waterfall and Macarthur).
- 1 million customer journeys per weekday
- Around 325 million customer journeys annually
- 178 stations (includes 4 Airport Line stations)
- 2,191 cars (includes 574 NSW TrainLink fleet)
- 3,252 timetabled trips per weekday
- One eight-carriage train can move 1,000 customers
- 97.6% of trains are air-conditioned
- Operate across 961km of electrified track
- The first railway in Sydney was opened between Sydney and Parramatta in 1855.
The NSW TrainLink Intercity network extends to the Hunter, Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands and South Coast regions.