Buses and coach services in NSW
We are responsible for the contracting and regulation of passenger bus services in NSW. Our goal is to work in partnership with bus and coach operators to provide consistent fares, concessions and service standards for customers of both public and private bus services.
Sydney metro and outer metro bus services
- Sydney metro on-time running results
- Sydney outer metro on-time running results
- King Street Wharf coach layover
- Sydney CBD Coach Strategy (pdf 327KB)
Rural and regional bus services
Our Rural and Regional Service Delivery and Performance (RRSDP) branch is responsible for managing rural and regional bus services, and contracted community transport services [link to the operators, community transport page] across NSW.
Regional transport plans
Each region across NSW faces different transport challenges. Our Regional Transport Plans provide the strategic direction for the delivery of transport infrastructure and services in each region and help guide decision-making and investment.
School Bus Safety
- School Bus Safety Guidelines for contracted bus operators (pdf 884KB)
- School bus safety community advisory committee
- Bus Contracts Operator Data Interchange (ODIN) for Self-Reporting and Information Interchange
- Rural and Regional Bus Reporting System (for old A and B contracts)
- Student misbehaviour
- Bus incident management
- Bus Procurement Requests
- Bus Service Alteration Request (formerly known as Alteration to Bus Service Request Forms 5.3 & 5.4)
Bus operator accreditation
Roads and Maritime Services is responsible for all Bus Operator Accreditation
Deregulated Bus Services
Roads and Maritime Services is responsible for Deregulated Bus Services (Long Distance, Tourist and Charter).
Some documents on this page do not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG 2.0). If you are having trouble accessing information, please contact Bus&FerryContractsSydney@transport.nsw.gov.au