Apprentice and Trainee Programs
Earn while you learn and complete a nationally recognised qualification whilst gaining valuable hands on experience with Transport for NSW!
The Apprentice and Trainee programs offer a great opportunity for you to begin your career in Transport. These programs generally last 2-4 years and allow applicants to grow their skills and knowledge ‘on the job’.
If you’d like to know more about our Programs, please check out our Apprentice and Trainee Programs brochure (PDF, 7.37 MB) which includes rate of pay, stipulates where our opportunities lie and explains our recruitment process in greater detail.
We hire across NSW and offer the following programs:
Business Administration Traineeship
- 2 year development Program specialising in project support for local projects and managers
- Complete a Certificate IV in Business Administration
Civil Construction Apprenticeship
- 3 year development Program specialising in civil construction work such as the maintenance of roads and pavements, working with draining, concreting and much more
- Complete a Certificate III in Civil Construction
Line Marker Traineeship
- 2.5 year development Program specialising in the line marking of NSW roads and signage jobs
- Complete a Certificate III in Civil Construction (Road Marking)
Bridge Carpentry Apprenticeship
- 3 year development Program specialising in bridge carpentry, including working on steel and concrete bridges
- Complete a Certificate III in Falsework and Formwork
Heavy Diesel Mechanical Apprenticeship
- 4 year Trade certified development Program specialising in heavy diesel mechanics, including the maintenance and repair of trucks, fixed plant and other commercial vehicles
- Complete a Certificate III in Automotive Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- 4 year trade certified development Program specialising in electrical trade, including learning to install, test and repair electrical systems and work on live projects including signals.
- Complete a Certificate III in Electro Technology
Painting and Blasting Traineeship
- 3 year development Program specialising in painting and blasting, including the processes, materials, tools and equipment used in the painting and maintenance of bridges in regional NSW
- Complete a Certificate III in Surface Preparation and Coating Application
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Targeted Opportunities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander targeted Apprentice and Trainee positions are available across all of our Programs
- Complete a qualification specific to the Program you choose
To find out more please view our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander brochure. (PDF, 1.18 MB)
Interested in applying?
Applications open in July/August and our recruitment process is as follows:
- Online Application
- Online Numeracy and Literary Testing
- Phone Screen
- Face to Face Interview
- Pre-employment Checks
- Offers of employment to successful candidates
How to apply
To apply, visit the Transport job board to find apprentice and trainee positions in your area.
If you have an enquiry, or would like to know more, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org