We offer people interesting, challenging and rewarding work across a range of professions, in a respectful environment centered on career progression, development and flexibility.
Our businesses include Sydney Trains and NSW Trains.
Our vision is to have a workforce that truly respects and values differences and diversity of thinking. Transport is where everyone feels welcome and valued for their unique contribution and where everyone has opportunities to grow and succeed.
Diversity and inclusion directly benefits our business. It helps us attract and retain highly skilled people, address skills gaps and drive innovation.
That’s why we have prioritised a range of projects to attract people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and women to our organisation.
Join our leadership team
We’re looking for the brightest, outcomes-based individuals that will drive and shape the future of our business, and change the way people move.
Bus driver recruitment
Bus operators across NSW are looking for drivers to fill job vacancies now. Join a team of 15,000 drivers who drive over 8,000 buses that provide transportation across NSW. Learn more.
At Transport, we’re offering talented women the chance to pursue exceptional careers with room to grow.
We want more Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to join us and become part of our community.
At Transport, we want our workforce to reflect the communities we serve by being an inclusive, diverse and flexible place for our people
Transport’s Entry Level Talent Programs provide people with the opportunity to join our team as a Graduate, Cadet, Scholar or VET Cadet.
Transport's Regional and Outer Metropolitan Apprentice and Trainee Programs are designed to kick start careers regionally across NSW.
Documents and forms
Awards and agreements
- Roads and Maritime Services Consolidated Salaried Award (PDF, 1.13 MB)
- Roads and Maritime Services (Wages Staff) Award (PDF, 784.75 KB)
- Roads and Maritime Services – (Traffic Signals Staff) Award (PDF, 361.49 KB)
- Roads and Maritime Services – School Crossing Supervisors Award (PDF, 250.51 KB)
- Extract from Crown Employees (Public Sector-Salaries 2019) Award (PDF, 107.44 KB)
- Transport for New South Wales and Sydney Metro salaries and condition or employment Award 2022 (PDF, 801.17 KB)
Code of conduct
- Code of conduct and ethics
The Code of Conduct and Ethics sets out the ethical principles and professional standards of conduct for Transport for NSW employees.