Green Light Day 2017
Freight volumes are expected to double in the next twenty years and the demand for skilled transport and logistics workers is increasing, as our population and freight volumes grow.
In NSW, more than 500,000 people - almost 14 per cent of the workforce - are employed in transport and logistics.
On 9 August 2017 approximately 130 students from Sydney and Regional NSW, will get a first-hand look at roles including logistics managers, freight loaders, forklift operators, and train and truck drivers:
The Green Light Day locations are:
- Sydney Intermodal Freight Terminal, Chullora
- RAAF Base, Richmond
- Woolworths Sydney Regional Distribution Centre, Minchinbury
- StarTrack, Minchinbury
- Linfox Parkes Intermodal Terminal, Parkes
Green Light Day is coordinated by TAFE NSW, NSW Department of Education and Transport for NSW. The event is only made possible through the generous support of our participating venues.
For more information about Green Light Day 2017 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Green Light Day 2016
In July 2016, 120 students from across Western Sydney visited one of three locations as part of Green Light Day.
Students were able to get a first-hand look at roles including logistics managers, freight loaders, forklift operators, and train and truck drivers.
Students received practical career advice from people working in the industry and from TAFE NSW, and had the opportunity to:
- Take a behind-the-scenes look one of NSW’s largest freight cargo planes, the C130, loading freight at Richmond’s Royal Australian Air force (RAAF) base
- Discover the Woolworths’ Sydney Regional Distribution Centre at Minchinbury, which services more than 190 NSW Woolworths stores
- View shipping containers moved from road to rail (and vice versa) at the Sydney Intermodal Terminal, Chullora (Pacific National).
Green Light Day 2016 was made possible through the generous support of the following organisations:
- NSW Department of Education
- Pacific National
- Woolworths Limited
- Royal Australian Air Force
- Transport and Logistics Industry Skills Council
- TAFE NSW
Read our Questions & Answers on Green Light Day and careers in transport and logistics.
Follow the links to other websites for more information on transport and logistics training and career opportunities.
Email us at email@example.com.