Read our Employee Benefits Guide (PDF, 1.26 MB) to find out more.
- four weeks’ annual leave
- paid sick leave
- carer’s leave
- long service leave
- maternity and parental leave* (see below)
- leave for special circumstances – from jury duty to bone marrow donations
*Mothers/primary caregivers can take up to 14 weeks’ maternity leave or adoption leave at full pay. Partners are entitled to one week of paid parental leave. Staff are supported when transitioning between maternity leave and the workplace.
- competitive salaries
- salary packaging via superannuation contributions or a novated vehicle lease (up to 100% of your earnings)
Health and wellbeing
- discounted access to more than 250 gyms and pools across NSW
- free annual influenza vaccination
- regular health and wellbeing workshops and a health fair offering free personalised health assessments
- Employee Assistance Program (counselling) for employees and their immediate family
- various discounts and reimbursements for fitness-related purchases
- employee groups supporting workplace inclusiveness and diversity
- volunteering opportunities
- Recreation Club – hosts events such as family picnic days, fishing and golf trips, and sporting competitions. Members receive a range of purchase discounts
- The Young Professionals Network – offers opportunities for young employees to connect, share knowledge and build professional networks
Transport for NSW offers employees plenty of opportunities to develop skills and build experience. We assist with goal planning and support our people as they progress towards their career aims.
We also offer a range of continual learning and development programs.
Some of the opportunities you can expect include:
- acting in a higher-grade position
- receiving assistance for relevant part-time study (up to 50 % reimbursement for tuition or HELP fees, and up to four hours of paid study leave a week)
- being involved in a leadership program
- taking advantage of more than 500 online and classroom-based short courses
- participating in professional communities of practice
Balancing a fulfilling career and personal commitments can sometimes be challenging. We enable our people to work in ways that work for them with flexible work policies, offerings and practices. We’re proud to be recognised as a FlexReady Certified employer and winners of the ‘Best Remote Work Strategy’ for our hybrid ways of working at the Australian HR Awards 2022.
Flexible options available can include:
- a hybrid mix of in-person and virtual work
- part-time work
- job sharing
- working remotely from different locations
- variable start and finish times.
Our leave options help employees manage their personal commitments, cultural responsibilities and personal pursuits.