Over the next four years we will deliver over $57.5 billion in transport infrastructure, improving our networks and increasing public transport capacity for our customers. Through this record investment, we are connecting people, shaping cities and boosting economic growth for NSW.
To deliver our transport projects as efficiently as possible, we need to collaborate with our industry partners for their valuable input and expertise. Working together means that we can increase our capability and deliver the most innovative solutions to the challenges we face.
We aim to provide timely and relevant information about our major projects and upcoming opportunities to our industry partners and suppliers. We do this with regular engagement opportunities, industry briefings and creating a culture of collaboration and open communication within Transport – we want to do business with you.
Sign up for Industry Newsletters
- Sign up for the Transport for NSW Industry news alert
- Sign up for the Freight Industry newsletter
- Sign up for Future Transport news
Events and briefings
Infrastructure Pipeline 2024
On 29 October 2019, Transport for NSW hosted prominent industry leaders from state and international organisations to a Project Pipeline 2024 (PDF, 4.46 MB) event at the International Convention Centre.
It provided an opportunity for the first time since the restructure of the organisation to outline to industry Transport for NSW’s integrated vision to make NSW a better place to live, work and visit.
Our primary outcomes are:
- Connecting our customer’ whole lives
- Successful places
- Strong economy and quality of life
- Thriving people doing meaningful work
To achieve this, we need the input and expertise of our industry partners.
Our $57.5 billion investment over four years is aimed at delivering these goals for the people of NSW – from the city to the bush. We want to ease congestion, connect communities and improve journeys.
Special guests at the event included:
- Minister for Transport and Roads, The Hon Andrew Constance MP
- Minister for Regional Transport and Roads, The Hon Paul Toole MP
- Secretary Transport for NSW, Rodd Staples
- Deputy Secretary, Infrastructure and Place, Peter Regan
- Deputy Secretary, Greater Sydney, Elizabeth Mildwater
- Acting Deputy Secretary, Regional and Outer Metropolitan, Matt Fuller
- Chief Executive, Sydney Metro, Jon Lamonte
- Chief Executive, Infrastructure NSW, Simon Draper
The annual industry briefing provides current and future industry partners with a vision of where we are trying to take transport and gives greater visibility to our pipeline of upcoming works and services in NSW.
For more information on current opportunities please visit the eTendering website.
Construction Industry Leadership Forum
A forum of leaders from industry and the Victorian and NSW public sectors has been established to improve collaboration and action around procurement and delivery of major government infrastructure projects, including addressing capability and capacity constraints.
The overall purpose of the Forum is to improve the effectiveness and value (to governments and industry) of the procurement and delivery of governments’ infrastructure programs.
Read more about the purpose and outcomes of the forum in the September 2017 communique (PDF, 317.39 KB).
We welcome the opportunity to exchange information and ideas with overseas organisations and governments where possible.