Station Link - from 30 September 2018
The Epping to Chatswood train line needs to be converted to metro standards ahead of Sydney Metro Northwest, which opens to customers in the second quarter of 2019.
The upgrades will allow for a greater frequency of trains when Sydney Metro Northwest services begin, with trains expected to run every 4 minutes during peak times.
Key features of Station Link include:
- High frequency, turn-up-and-go services to stations between Epping and Chatswood at least every six minutes during the peak.
- More than 110 services per hour in the busiest parts of the day and over a thousand extra services a day.
- During peak periods, direct services running in and out of the Macquarie Park precinct from St Leonards, Beecroft and Eastwood. This is in addition to services travelling from Epping or Chatswood.
- Outside of the peak and during weekends, a service will run at least every 10 minutes.
- A dedicated high frequency service to Macquarie University Campus from Epping Station during university semesters.
- Station Link services will also be available on the Trip Planner
- Station Link services will also be available on real time apps during operation.
For more information about Station Link as well as other service changes by mode, route information and to plan your trip, visit transportnsw.info
If you would like to register to receive regular updates about Station Link during the upgrade, please email email@example.com