Next stage to commence for Dubbo Station upgrade
The next stage of the $3.1 million upgrade to make Dubbo’s historic railway station more accessible for people with disability and limited mobility will soon get underway.
Transport for NSW Acting Director West Damien Pfeiffer said stage two of the Dubbo Station upgrade, funded through the Transport Access Program (TAP), would commence from Monday 9 October.
“So far we have made upgrades to the five bus and coach bays and installed new concrete and drainage on the platform,” Mr Pfeiffer said.
“Our crews will now get to work on installing tactile indicators along the platform, which will improve safety and accessibility for people who are vision impaired, replacing external lighting and installing new light poles.
“Importantly, this next stage will also involve upgrades to the 32-space car park, including resurfacing and line marking. This will require a temporary closure of the whole car park for approximately six weeks.
“We understand this will cause some short-term inconvenience and appreciate everyone’s patience as we work on delivering a long-term benefit to the community.”
The car park closure will take effect from Monday 9 October and reopen Monday 20 November, weather permitting.
In the interim, commuters are advised to park in Darling Street and walk to the station.
The Dubbo Station TAP upgrade will provide a station precinct that’s accessible to people with a disability or limited mobility, parents and carers with prams, and customers with luggage.
“Key benefits include upgrades to existing paths around the station precinct, a new accessible kiss and ride zone, modifications to the waiting room and ticket counter, and improved amenities including ambulant toilets and compliant family accessible toilet,” Mr Pfeiffer said.
The Dubbo Station upgrade is due for completion by early 2024.
More information about the TAP program is available at: