Country Passenger Transport Infrastructure Grants Scheme (CPTIGS)
The Country Passenger Transport Infrastructure Grants Scheme (CPTIGS) provides subsidies to support the construction or upgrade of bus stop infrastructure (generally owned and maintained by local councils) across country NSW. The Scheme aims to maximise benefits to country passengers through supporting:
- more accessible passenger transport, focusing on better connections between bus stops and surrounding communities;
- an increase in the use of passenger transport in country areas through improved awareness of bus stop locations, kerbside information and improved security (e.g. tactile ground indicators and lighting); and
- the development of minor infrastructure to complement passenger service development.
Funding is allocated regionally to facilitate an equitable distribution of the grant support and projects.
2017-19 Successful Grant Information
- Distribution Map 2017 - 2019 (PDF, 5.02 MB)
- Successful Applicant List 2017 - 2019 (PDF, 113.67 KB)
- Guidelines 2017 - 2019 (PDF, 870.4 KB)
2015-17 Successful Grant Information
Should you have any questions or require clarification regarding the CPTIGS, please contact your Area Manager for assistance.
All upgrades to transport infrastructure - including upgrades under the Country Passenger Transport Infrastructure Grants Scheme (CPTIGS) - must meet these standards.