NSWLLS Driver Course
NSW Livestock Loading Scheme Driver Learning and Assessment
Transport for NSW and the Livestock Bulk and Rural Carriers Association (LBRCA) have developed the NSW Livestock Loading Scheme (NSWLLS or scheme) Driver Learning and Assessment to educate and assess drivers on the NSWLLS.
Designed to reduce the incidence of heavy vehicle rollovers and increase the safety of drivers and livestock, the improved NSWLLS education provides a flexible learning opportunity to participating drivers and ensures consistency in education.
How to become a NSWLLS Driver
- Complete the free online Driver Learning and attempt the practice quiz to prepare for your Assessment.
- Book in for an Assessment with a NSWLLS Assessor of your choice.
- The practical Assessment takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete. The Assessor will ask you questions to test your knowledge of the NSWLLS. You will need to demonstrate your ability to calculate the correct load weight and number of livestock to load for your vehicle. You will need to demonstrate your ability to load livestock safely to NSWLLS mass limits.
- Once you have successfully completed your Assessment you will be issued with a Certificate of Completion so that you can transport livestock under the NSWLLS. Your NSWLLS Driver Card will arrive in the post.
- If unsuccessful you can book in with an Assessor after 48 hours following your last attempt.
- NSWLLS Drivers are required to renew their accreditation every 5 years to ensure continued current knowledge of the NSWLLS and to reduce the incidence of livestock vehicle rollovers.
The NSWLLS Driver Learning and Assessment commenced 5 March 2021 and all new drivers and current NSWLLS Drivers are required to be assessed under the new accreditation to drive livestock under the NSWLLS.
The new accreditation will be valid for 5 years, and NSWLLS Drivers will be required to renew their accreditation every 5 years to ensure continued current knowledge of the NSWLLS and to reduce the incidence of livestock vehicle rollovers.
Transport for NSW together with the LBRCA support the safe and productive movement of livestock in NSW and have developed these changes to ensure the safety of drivers and livestock continues under the NSWLLS.
Become a NSWLLS Assessor
A NSWLLS Assessor will deliver practical assessments to help drivers obtain their NSWLLS Driver Card. If you are interested in becoming a NSWLLS Assessor complete the NSWLLS Application Form (PDF, 286.97 KB) which outlines the necessary requirements.
Driver Learning online course
Watch the videos, use the interactive tools and take the practice quiz in the Driver Learning!
Access the Driver Learning online course.
Find a NSWLLS Assessor
To become a NSWLLS Driver contact your preferred Assessor to book in for an Assessment.
Listing of Assessors and Contact phone numbers:
- Mark Allan - 0419 777 500
- Bernard O'Hara - 0417 885 594
- Ian Pendered - 0427 666 622
- Craig McDonald - 0459 232 320
Next steps for successful Assessor applicants
Assessor application documents
For more information about the NSWLLS Driver Course, please call 1800 642 452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org