Environmental compliance procedures and inspections
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) aims to continually improve the environmental performance from all of its activities by:
- Identifying and managing environmental risks associated with its activities.
- Making environmental responsibility everyone’s responsibility.
- Influencing best practice behaviours in environmental risk minimisation.
- Building and maintaining relationships with environmental stakeholders, regulators and contractor partners.
- Building the environmental management and technical capability of our staff and contractors by identifying training and development needs.
- Providing key advice during the environmental planning and assessment phase of all activities.
- Undertaking routine environmental inspections of TfNSW activities to environmental requirements are being complied with.
- Coordinating appropriate responses to any environmental incidents that occur.
Environmental incident procedure
The TfNSW Environmental Incident Procedure aims to ensure workers and contractors understand how to report environmental incidents that occur as a result of TfNSW managed activities.
- TfNSW Environmental Incident Procedure (PDF, 424.93 KB)
- TfNSW Environmental Event Report Form (PDF, 346.86 KB)
Environmental inspections, and the resulting Environmental Inspection Reports, are an important proactive tool for ensuring that TfNSW activities comply with environmental requirements.
The Environmental Inspection Procedure outlines the process for undertaking environmental inspections and preparing the environmental inspection report.
Contacts and further information
For general TfNSW environmental enquiries, you can get in touch with the relevant regional Environment and Sustainability contact below. You can also view a map (PDF, 2.29 MB) of the regions.
South West NSW
For major project environment enquiries, you can get in touch with the relevant Environment and Sustainability contact below: