$225 million Pinch Point Program - Pinch Point Programs - Easing Sydney's Congestion Program Office
The Pinch Point Program aims to reduce traffic delays, manage congestion and improve travel times on Sydney's major roads, particularly during weekday peak periods. This program is now complete.
The original five year $100 million Pinch Point Program ran from July 2007 to June 2012. Over 120 projects on 23 key corridors were delivered.
In June 2012, the NSW Government announced an extension of the program with an additional $125 million for the next five years. In May 2013, extra funding was committed to bring the total value of the Pinch Point Program to $225 million.
In the first five years since July 2012, we have completed 61 pinch point projects, installed 33 permanent variable message signs and 68 CCTV cameras on key corridors across the Sydney road network.
- Traffic Control Signal - Intersection Parramatta Road, Good Street and Rowell Street
- Intersection Improvements on James Ruse Drive and Hassall Street, Rosehill
- Intersection improvements at Pennant Hills Road, Marsden Road and Pennant Hills Road and Carlingford Road
- Traffic Control Signal - Botany Road and Bunnerong Road, Matraville
- Intersection improvements - Campbelltown Road and Glenfield Road, Glenfield
- Right turn bays - Green Hill Drive and Old Windsor Road, Norwest Boulevard
- Extend right turn bays - Parker Street at Derby Street, Penrith
- Roundabout modifications - Heathcote Road and Macarthur Drive, Holsworthy
- Right turn bay extension - Milperra Rd and The River Road, Milperra
- Right turn bay duplication and widening - Hume Highway and Miller Road, Bass Hill
- Intersection upgrade - Cabramatta Road and Cumberland Highway
- Widen - Boundary Street and Rail Bridge, Roseville
- Left Turn - Hume Highway and Bigge Street, Liverpool
- Traffic Control System - Rooty Hill Road North, Jersey Street and Lamb Street
- Intersection upgrade - Rooty Hill Road North and Luxford Road, Oakhurst
- Intersection upgrade - Victoria Road and Bowden Street
- Double Diamond Overlap Phasing - Great Western Highway at Pages Road, St Marys
- Intersection improvements - Forest Way at Garigal Road, Terrey Hills
- Intersection improvements - Mamre Road and Saddington Street, St Marys
For further information about this project, please contact: