Bexley North Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Bexley North Station as part of the Transport Access Program. The project aims to provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
The project is expected to be completed by late 2021*.
- a new lift and upgraded station entrance, stairs and canopy
- two new accessible parking spaces in the commuter car park
- new accessible pathways throughout the station precinct, including a new ramp to the commuter car park
- a new family accessible toilet and unisex ambulant toilet
- improvements to CCTV and lighting to increase safety and security
- reconfigured and upgraded commuter car park with a total of 22 spaces, increased aisle width, and space for vehicle turning.
Planning approval for the Bexley North Station Upgrade was granted in April 2019. Geotechnical site investigations have been undertaken to inform the detailed design of the project. Early construction work is set to start in early 2020.
The Review of Environmental Factors (REF) was on public display from Friday 8 February until Friday 22 February 2019. The REF and supporting documentation was available for viewing at Bexley North Library, Bayside Council Office, the Transport for NSW Chatswood office, and digitally on this web page.
Stakeholders and the community were invited to submit feedback on the proposed designs during the public display period. Key themes that emerged were:
- General support for the station becoming accessible
- Concerns regarding the number of parking spaces to be provided
- Requests to manage construction to minimise disruption and impacts to the station amenities and surrounding environment
- Project scope considerations, including requests for provision of kiss and ride facilities, additional seating, renewal of fencing and bicycle parking facilities.
Further information about the feedback received during the consultation period and how it was considered can be found in the Determination Report. Stakeholders who provided feedback will have received a letter with further details specific to their submissions.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive project updates, please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com
Please visit the Bexley North Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
- Bexley North Station Upgrade - Determination Report (PDF, 3.86 MB)
- Bexley North Station Upgrade – Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 13.68 MB)
- Bexley North Station Upgrade – Visual Impact Assessment (PDF, 7.43 MB)
- Bexley North Station Upgrade – Biodiversity Impact Assessment (PDF, 3.11 MB)
- Bexley North Station Upgrade – Arboricultural Impact Assessment (PDF, 2.74 MB)
- Bexley North Station Upgrade – Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment (PDF, 6.15 MB)
- Bexley North Station Upgrade – Heritage Impact Assessment (PDF, 3.79 MB)