Blackheath Station Upgrade
The NSW government is improving accessibility at Blackheath Station as part of the Transport Access Program, with the project expected to be complete in 2023*.
The project will provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- three new lifts to station entries and platforms
- upgrades to the existing accessible parking spaces, kiss and ride bay and taxi zone
- removal of the non-compliant pedestrian level crossing
- upgrades to station footpaths and platforms, including new tactiles and installation of an accessible water fountain
- improvements to CCTV, lighting and wayfinding
- upgrades to the station footbridge and stairs
- provision of new bicycle hoops.
Investigations are currently underway to develop a concept design for Blackheath Station to make it more accessible for all customers.
Between Monday 23 September and Monday 21 October 2019, feedback was sought on the early concept design.
Members of the project team met with local community members at two information sessions in October, including:
- The Blackheath Community Markets, Blackheath Public School, Sunday 6 October between 9am-1pm
- Blackheath Community Centre, Bates Hall, Wednesday 16 October between 4.30pm-6.30pm
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback. Key themes that emerged were:
- general support for the station to become accessible
- requests for more commuter parking
- requests for heritage preservation
- requests to maintain/extend/upgrade the existing, non-compliant pedestrian level crossing
- questions around management of the Bundarra pedestrian/vehicle crossing
- questions around value for money to install lifts
- potential for lifts to become inoperable during power outages
Respondents who provided contact details have received a response from Transport for NSW including information about how their feedback will be considered.
All feedback relating to items outside of the Transport Access Program scope of work will be distributed to the most appropriate NSW Government agency, associate of official body for consideration. This feedback is important to us and will be kept in accordance with our privacy obligations (PDF, 438.6 KB) (PDF, 43.86 KB).
Blackheath Station Upgrade
A Review of Environmental Factors will be prepared for public display and further feedback will be invited on the design.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
Please visit the Blackheath Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.