Blackheath Station Upgrade
Planning is currently underway to improve accessibility at Blackheath Station.
- three new lifts to station entries and platforms
- upgrades to the existing accessible parking spaces, kiss and ride bay and taxi zone
- removal of the non-compliant pedestrian level crossing
- upgrades to station footpaths and platforms, including new tactiles and installation of an accessible water fountain
- improvements to CCTV, lighting and wayfinding
- upgrades to the station footbridge and stairs
- provision of new bicycle hoops.
The project is part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
As part of the program, the Blackheath Station Upgrade would aim to provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
Investigations are currently underway to develop an early concept design for Blackheath Station to make it more accessible for all customers.
Come and meet the project team
Members of the project team will be available to answer any questions you have about the early concept at:
- The Blackheath Community Markets, Blackheath Public School, Sunday 6 October between 9am-1pm
- Blackheath Community Centre, Bates Hall, Wednesday 16 October between 4.30pm-6.30pm
If you are unable to attend these information sessions, but would like to speak with the project team please call
1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
Feedback on the early concept design can be provided through:
- our Project Infoline 1800 684 490
- emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- in person at one of our information sessions
Your feedback will help Transport for NSW understand what is important to customers and the community and will help inform further design. A Review of Environmental Factors will be prepared for public display in 2020 and feedback will be invited on the concept design at this time.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
Please visit the Blackheath Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.