Bus Layover Sunnyholt Road & Gordon St, Blacktown
The NSW Government is funding a new bus layover facility at Blacktown as part of the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, which aims to improve the reliability and efficiency of bus services, while easing congestion for all road users.
Jan 2023 - Quarterly update
Construction works on bus layover at Blacktown continuing from 9 January 2023. View the January-March 2023 quarterly update (PDF, 386Kb).
The NSW Government is funding a new bus layover facility in Blacktown area as part of the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, which aims to improve the reliability and efficiency of bus services in the area.
The bus interchange at Blacktown Train station has exceeded its capacity and requires an additional bus layover to cater for the growing number of buses servicing this area. Our proposal will provide additional holding capacity for 11 buses to support the bus interchange at the station by constructing a new bus layover facility.
The proposed bus layover is located 1 km to the northeast of Blacktown Train Station at the intersection of Sunnyholt Road and Gordon Street.
Key features of the proposal
- A 12m wide surfaced bus layover area with 3.5m wide bus bays on either side. The bus layover area will have the capacity to hold 11 buses with a five‑metre-wide central travel lane. Buses would enter from the North-West Transitway and exit into Gordon Street.
- The layover will not have any bus stops and hence will not be accessible to the public.
- A single-level driver’s facility building which includes a lunchroom and toilet block.
- Footpath on the eastern side of the layover facility for bus drivers to walk safely to the dedicated drivers’ facility and toilet block.
- Retaining wall, landscaping and drainage.
- Existing noise wall will be retained and will be modified only if necessary.
We have engaged contractors, CA & I to complete the work for the layover, with work commencing September 2022. Work updates will continue to be uploaded in the Project Notifications section on this page.
Subscribe to stay up to date
Personal Information Collection Notice: Transport for NSW is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring your personal and health information is managed according to law. Find out why we collect your personal information and how we use and manage it by reading our privacy statement or phone 13 22 13 to request a copy.
Some documents on this page may not comply with accessibility requirements (WCAG).
If you are having trouble accessing information in these documents, please contact us.
- December 2022 project notification
Work continuing on the bus layover at Blacktown from 9 January 2023.
- November 2022 project notification
Night work on North West T-way to relocate electrical services on 3 December.
- October 2022 project notification
Work continuing on the Bus Layover at Sunnyholt Road and Gordon Street at Blacktown from 18 October.
- September 2022 project notification
Start of work on Bus Layover at Sunnyholt Road and Gordon Street, Blacktown from 5 September.
- October 2021 project notification
Have your say.
- December 2021 Consultation summary
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 1800 433 998 (during business hours)
Mail: Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, PO Box 973, Parramatta, NSW 2124