East West Rail Link
Protecting land for a future passenger rail link between Greater Parramatta and the Western Sydney Aerotropolis.
Benefits of the East West Link
The East West Rail Link will benefit local communities and industry by:
- Helping to realise the 30 minute city vision.
- Together with Sydney Metro West, providing a connection between Sydney’s three cities: the Western Parkland City, Central River City and Eastern Harbour City.
- Providing transport options to support population, jobs and economic growth across Western Sydney and for the Western Sydney (Nancy - Bird Walton) International Airport.
Benefits of corridor protection
Protecting land today for future transport links will:
- Support future town centres that will be designed and planned around future transport infrastructure.
- Guarantee land needed for future transport links is available when required.
- Reduce project costs and disruption to communities when projects are delivered.
- Reduce impacts to local communities by providing certainty of the location of future transport link.
By 2031, Greater Western Sydney will be home to over half of Sydney’s population. Now is the time to plan for essential infrastructure which will connect the metropolis of three cities – Eastern Harbour City, Central River City and the Western Parkland City. Planning for these future transport links now will help realise the 30 minute city - connecting residents to jobs, services and amenities in just 30 minutes.
The East West Rail Link is a proposed future mass transit rail line connecting Greater Parramatta and the Western Sydney Aerotropolis and International Airport. The corridor protection for the East West Rail Link was a recommendation of the Western Sydney Rail Needs Scoping Study.
This future transport link will form a critical part of the Western Sydney Aerotropolis Plan by ensuring communities in the Central River City are connected to the Western Parkland City and the Western Sydney Airport (Nancy-Bird Walton).
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment exhibited the future transport network as part of the draft Western Aerotropolis Plan from December 2019 to February 2020. More information on this exhibited plan can be found here.
Following exhibition Transport for NSW together with other Government Agencies, key stakeholders and landowners progressed with early planning to identify corridor locations for the network.
We are protecting land for the East West Rail link in two stages.
Stage 1 is between the Aerotropolis near Bringelly and Kemps Creek. The corridor was exhibited in the Western Sydney Aerotropolis Plan in December 2019. Following exhibition, Transport for NSW worked with key stakeholders to respond to comments and progress protection of the corridor. Following exhibition, Transport for NSW worked with key stakeholders to respond to comments and progress protection of the corridor.
Stage 2 is between the Aerotropolis near Kemps Creek and Greater Parramatta. This section of the corridor will be identified in collaboration with other Government agencies.
- Call: 1800 837 511
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to:
Corridors Investigation Office
PO Box K659
To learn more information about this project and others, follow the links: