Lapstone Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Lapstone Station as part of the Transport Access Program, with the project expected to be complete by late 2021*.
The project aims to provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- a new lift connecting the footbridge to Platform 2
- one new family accessible toilet, one new male ambulant toilet and one new female ambulant toilet
- upgrades to the accessible car spaces and a new kiss and ride bay
- upgrades to the ramp from the commuter car park to the pedestrian footbridge
- a new station entrance to Platform 1
- accessibility upgrades to the platform waiting room
- upgrades to station pathways, stairs and platforms
- upgrades to CCTV, lighting and signage.
Transport for NSW have recently approved the Lapstone Station Upgrade, with planning, site surveying and investigation work scheduled to begin on Tuesday 28 January 2020.
This work will take place during standard construction hours from 7am to 6pm Mondays to Fridays and Saturdays 8am to 1pm.
Site set-up is scheduled to start in mid-2020, with construction expected to take around 12 months to complete.
To maintain the safety of workers, pedestrians and motorists, some weekend work will be required outside of standard construction hours.
This work would take place between Friday 28 February and Monday 2 March 2020 and includes some geotechnical investigations.
For more information on these activities, please download the January Community Notification. (PDF, 625.85 KB)
As part of the planning process, preliminary investigations have been undertaken to help identify what upgrades will be required to make Lapstone Station fully accessible.
Planning approval for the Lapstone Station Upgrade was granted in December 2019 after public display of the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) between 4 November and 23 November 2019. Stakeholders and the community were invited to submit feedback on the proposed designs during the public display period, and information about the feedback we received and how it was considered can be found in the project Determination Report under the Planning Documents at the bottom of this webpage.
Keep in touch
We will continue to keep the community informed throughout the construction period with monthly notifications being distributed to residents and frequent updates published here on our website.
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com
For all urgent enquiries or complaints regarding construction activities, please call our 24-hour Construction Response Line on 1800 775 465.
Please visit the Lapstone Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Lapstone Station Upgrade, Determination Report 2019 (PDF, 7.87 MB)
- Lapstone Station Upgrade, Review of Environmental Factors 2019 (PDF, 33.26 MB)
- Lapstone Station Upgrade, Statement of Heritage Impact 2019 (PDF, 2.3 MB)
- Lapstone Station Upgrade, Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment 2019 (PDF, 142.96 MB)
- Lastone Statement Upgrade, Ecology Assessment 2019 (PDF, 12.02 MB)
- Lapstone Station Upgrade, Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment 2019 (PDF, 3.25 MB)
- Lapstone Station Upgrade, Aboriginal Heritage Assessment 2019 (PDF, 3.55 MB)
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.