Mittagong Station Upgrade
The NSW Government improved accessibility at Mittagong Station.
This upgrade was delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering modern, safe and accessible infrastructure.
- two new lifts
- improved amenities including ambulant toilets and a family accessible toilet
- upgraded CCTV and lighting for improved safety and security
- a new formal bus stop
- two upgraded accessible parking spaces and a kiss and ride space
- a new pedestrian crossing
Mittagong Station Upgrade is now complete.
Customers are able to use the station's new and improved accessibility features. Mittagong Station is now accessible, allowing for safer, easier and more convenient travel for all customers.
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their continued support and cooperation during the Mittagong Station Upgrade.
Over the next month, you may notice ongoing finishing work around the station.
Please visit the Mittagong Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Mittagong Community Notification September 2020 (PDF, 860.26 KB)
- Mittagong Community Notification July 2020 (PDF, 713.69 KB)
- Mittagong Community Notification June 2020 (PDF, 961.84 KB)
- Mittagong Community Notification May 2020 (PDF, 824.74 KB)
- Mittagong Community Notification March/April 2020 (PDF, 732.68 KB)
- Mittagong Community Notification January 2020 (PDF, 1.28 MB)
- Mittagong Community Notification August 2019 (PDF, 1.13 MB)
- Mittagong Community Notification June 2019 (PDF, 1.77 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Determination Report, September 2019 (PDF, 1.87 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Review of Enviromental Factors, June 2019 (PDF, 20.29 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Statement of Heritage Impact, June 2019 (PDF, 50.62 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, June 2019 (PDF, 14.55 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment, June 2019 (PDF, 4.18 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment, June 2019 (PDF, 46.48 MB)
Planning approval for the Mittagong Station Upgrade was granted in August 2019 after public display of the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) between Friday 28 June and Monday 22 July 2019. Stakeholders and the community were invited to submit feedback on the proposed designs during the public display period, and information about the feedback we received and how it was considered can be found in the project Determination Report under the Planning Documents at the bottom of this webpage.