Mittagong Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Mittagong Station as part of the Transport Access Program, with the project expected to be complete in early 2021*.
The project aims to provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- two new lifts to provide access to the station platforms
- improved amenities such as new ambulant toilets and a family accessible toilet
- provision of a formal bus stop
- upgraded accessible car spaces and kiss and ride bay
- improvements to CCTV and lighting to increase safety and security.
The Mittagong Station Upgrade will begin to take shape in the coming months, with site establishment starting from Tuesday 28 January 2020.
Work will involve the set-up of site offices, installation of mesh, temporary fencing and construction vehicle movements. A temporary site compound will be established in the current vacant area east of the Regent Street commuter car park and preparation work will begin at the station.
Start of construction
Site set-up activities and enabling work will mostly take place during standard construction hours from 7am to 6pm Mondays to Fridays and Saturdays 8am to 1pm.These activities will include locating services and removing a planter box at the end of Platform 1 to allow for the new lift and accessible pathways.
To maintain safety of workers, pedestrians and motorists, some weekend work will be required in February during a scheduled trackwork period, where no trains will be running. Work will take place between 6am, Saturday 1 February and 8pm, Sunday 2 February 2020. Activities will include installation of new cabling and pipes under the pedestrian footbridge.
For more information on these activities, please download the Community Notification at the bottom of this webpage.
Planning approval for the Mittagong Station Upgrade was granted in August 2019 after public display of the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) between Friday 28 June and Monday 22 July 2019. Stakeholders and the community were invited to submit feedback on the proposed designs during the public display period, and information about the feedback we received and how it was considered can be found in the project Determination Report under the Planning Documents at the bottom of this webpage.
Keep in touch
We will continue to keep the community informed throughout the construction period with monthly notifications being distributed to residents and frequent updates published here on our website.
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For all urgent enquiries or complaints regarding construction activities, please call our 24-hour Construction Response Line
on 1800 775 465.
Please visit the Mittagong Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Determination Report, September 2019 (PDF, 1.87 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Review of Enviromental Factors, June 2019 (PDF, 20.29 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Statement of Heritage Impact, June 2019 (PDF, 50.62 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, June 2019 (PDF, 14.55 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment, June 2019 (PDF, 4.18 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment, June 2019 (PDF, 46.48 MB)
See the proposed works via our virtual reality tool
The digital images highlighted on this webpage are representative of what will be constructed as part of this project.
During the next stages of design development elements may be subject to change.