Mittagong Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Mittagong Station as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state. The project aims to provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- two new lifts to provide access to the station platforms
- improved amenities such as new ambulant toilets and a family accessible toilet
- provision of a formal bus stop
- upgraded accessible car spaces and kiss and ride bay
- improvements to CCTV and lighting to increase safety and security.
The Review of Environmental Factors (REF), the key planning document outlining the proposed works, potential impacts and mitigation measures, was on public display from Friday 28 June to Monday 22 July 2019. The REF and supporting documentation were available for viewing at the Southern Highlands Welcome Centre, Mittagong Public Library, the Transport for NSW Chatswood office, and digitally on this web page.
All feedback submitted during the public display period will be considered by the project team during the determination of this project. This feedback is important to us and will be kept in accordance with our privacy obligations (PDF, 438.6 KB) (PDF, 43.86 KB).
No personal information will be identified in the Determination Report.
Respondents who have provided contact details will receive notification from Transport for NSW once the project has been determined including information about how their feedback was considered.
See the proposed works via our virtual reality tool
The digital images highlighted on this webpage are representative of what will be constructed as part of this project.
During the next stages of design development elements may be subject to change.
Feedback received during the public display period will be considered by the project team. Feedback will also assist Transport for NSW in preparing plans for managing impacts during construction and operation of the project.
The project team will be actively engaging with communities and other stakeholders throughout the project.
Subject to planning approval,construction will commence in early 2020.
As part of the public display of the Review of Environmental Factors, members from the project team met with local commiunity members at an information session on Saturday 29 June 2019. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback at this session, your submissions will help Transport for NSW understand what is important to customers and the community, and will help inform further design.
Keep in touch
If you would like to be emailed project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Mittagong Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Review of Enviromental Factors, June 2019 (PDF, 20.29 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Statement of Heritage Impact, June 2019 (PDF, 50.62 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, June 2019 (PDF, 14.55 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment, June 2019 (PDF, 4.18 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment, June 2019 (PDF, 46.48 MB)