Mittagong Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Mittagong Station as part of the Transport Access Program. The project aims to provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- two new lifts to provide access to the station platforms
- improved amenities such as new ambulant toilets and a family accessible toilet
- provision of a formal bus stop
- upgraded accessible car spaces and kiss and ride bay
- improvements to CCTV and lighting to increase safety and security.
Planning approval for the Mittagong Station Upgrade has recently been granted. Detailed design will occur over the coming months, with on-site investigative work to be undertaken during this time.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback during the community consultation period during June and July. The submission period is now closed, and information about the feedback we received and how it was considered can be found in the project Determination Report. Stakeholders who provided feedback will receive a letter with further information about their submission.
The Review of Environmental Factors (REF), was on public display from Friday 28 June to Monday 22 July 2019. The REF and supporting documentation were available for viewing at the Southern Highlands Welcome Centre, Mittagong Public Library, the Transport for NSW Chatswood office, and digitally on this web page.
Members from the project team met with local community members at an information session on Saturday 29 June 2019. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback at this session, your submissions will help Transport for NSW understand what is important to customers and the community, and will help inform further design.
Stakeholders and the community were invited to submit feedback on the proposed designs during the public display period.
Key themes that emerged were:
- general support for the station becoming accessible
- requests for the upgrade to progress as quickly as possible
- requests for additional station infrastructure to be included as part of the Mittagong Station Upgrade, including additional drinking fountains, seating and shelter, and louder announcements
- requests for more commuter parking, including motorcycle parking
- requests to upgrade pedestrian paths and lighting along adjoining streets
- requests for heritage preservation
- request for smart technology
- requests for more train services, for an extension of opening hours for station facilities and for minimising the distance between the trains and platforms.
Respondents who have provided contact details will receive notification from Transport for NSW including information about how their feedback was considered.
All feedback relating to items outside of the Transport Access Program scope of work will be distributed to the most appropriate NSW Government agency, associate of official body for consideration. This feedback is important to us and will be kept in accordance with our privacy obligations (PDF, 438.6 KB) (PDF, 43.86 KB).
See the proposed works via our virtual reality tool
The digital images highlighted on this webpage are representative of what will be constructed as part of this project.
During the next stages of design development elements may be subject to change.
Following planning approval, detailed design and early investigation work will occur over the coming months. A community notification will be distributed outlining any on-site investigative activities prior to work being undertaken.
The project team will be actively engaging with communities and other stakeholders throughout the project.
Keep in touch
If you would like to be emailed project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
Please visit the Mittagong Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Determination Report, September 2019 (PDF, 1.87 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Review of Enviromental Factors, June 2019 (PDF, 20.29 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Statement of Heritage Impact, June 2019 (PDF, 50.62 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, June 2019 (PDF, 14.55 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment, June 2019 (PDF, 4.18 MB)
- Mittagong Station Upgrade - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment, June 2019 (PDF, 46.48 MB)