Moree Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Moree Station as part of the Transport Access Program, with the project expected to be complete in early 2022*.
The project will provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- upgrades to existing footpaths and ramps around the station precinct
- upgrades to the taxi zone and kiss and ride space
- a new accessible parking space
- a formalised bus stop at the station entrance
- modifications to the waiting room and ticket office
- improved amenities including ambulant toilets
- a new boarding zone on the platform
- tactile indicators along the platform
- improvements to wayfinding and lighting.
Planning is underway for an accessibility upgrade at Moree Station.
As part of the planning process, site investigations were undertaken to help identify what upgrades will be required to make Moree Station accessible. Please see the community notification (PDF, 221.94 KB) for further information.
Thank you for your feedback
From 7 to 21 June 2021, feedback was sought on the early concept design for the station upgrade. Key themes that emerged were:
general support for the accessibility upgrade
concerns around security and safety at the station
requests for more shelter and seating
general comments on the station design.
Feedback received during this period will assist Transport for NSW further develop the design of the project.
Subject to planning approval, construction is expected to commence later in the year and take up to six months to complete.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive project updates, please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the Moree Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.